Some summer study ideas for A2+ level students.
- Word order: order the words as you hear them using the New Headway Online phrase builder
- Listen and Write is a great place on the web to practise listening skills and hear about the news. Try some of the dictation activities at different levels (try something at level 5 or 6 to start off and move up from there). This site is free but you’ll have to create an account to get the most out of it (click on: “sign up”)
- The BBC Learning English website has lots of videos, audio and activities to help you improve your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary and listening with 6 minute English (podcasts you can stream or download)
- English File Pre-Intermediate grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation activities and more can be found here and here.
- Another Pre-Intermediate course book website from Oxford University Press, English Result Pre-Intermediate, has more practice activities to try out here.
- Try Lyrics Training to test and develop your English listening skills with songs.
- Test your A2 level English skills against a Cambridge English Key English Test by downloading and doing a sample exam from this page. Find and Click on “Where can I find sample papers for Cambridge English: KEY” to download.
- ello.org is a site where you can try out listening activities on a variety of topics.
- Take this grammar challenge on the BBC Learning English website
- Pronunciation: Work through these Phonetics Focus activities
- Simple English Videos – short, easy to follow video lessons which focus on commonly confused words and grammar patterns. A really helpful site!
Check back on our page regularly as it will be updated over the summer with more study ideas!