Some ideas for summer study for our students finishing Teens 6 this June.
- Revise irregular verbs with this Irregular Verb Wheel Game from Macmillan ELT
- Try some reading, listening, writing, grammar and vocabulary games and activities from this B1 course from Cambridge University Press: More! 4
- Pronunciation: This game focuses on word stress – Stress Monsters
- Word building – test your vocabulary: nouns and adjectives with this game from Project 5 by OUP
- Download a full Preliminary (B1) exam from the Cambridge English website. Work through it and check your answers in the key. Cambridge English: Preliminary Cambridge English Preliminary for Schools
- The BBC Learning English website has videos, audio and activities to help you improve your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary and listening with 6 minute English (podcasts you can stream or download)
- Listen and Write is a great place on the web to practise listening skills and hear about the news. Try some of the dictation activities at different levels (try something at levels 6 or 7 to start off and move up from there). This site is free but you’ll have to create an account to get the most out of it (click on: “sign up”).
- Check out Lyrics Training for dictations with songs!
- Simple English Videos – short, easy to follow video lessons which focus on commonly confused words and grammar patterns. A really helpful site!
More to follow soon!