Some links to websites with material you can use to keep your English fresh during the summer.
- Download a full Cambridge English: Preliminary (B1) exam from the Cambridge English website. Work through and check your answers in the key.
- Word order: order the words as you hear them using the New Headway Online phrase builder
- Test/build your vocabulary and help end hunger at the same time with Free Rice
- Listen and Write is a great place on the web to practise listening skills and hear about the news. Try some of the dictation activities at different levels (try something at level 8 to start off and move up from there). This site is free but you’ll have to create an account to get the most out of it (click on: “sign up”).
- The BBC Learning English website has videos, audio and activities to help you improve your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary and listening with 6 minute English (podcasts you can stream or download)
- Spoken Skills is a website which allows you to practise pronunciation by listening and recording sentences including particular vowel or consonant sounds, functional language for presentations, telephone dialogues, and intonation. This menu page has links to various things. Browse, find something you’re interested in practising and give it a try (to record, allow the page to access the mirophone on your computer).
- Simple English Videos – short, easy to follow video lessons which focus on commonly confused words and grammar patterns. Really helpful!
Keep checking this page as we’ll be updating it during summer.