Some links to games and activities which will help keep your English fresh during the summer.
- Word Building – test your vocabulary: nouns and adjectives with this game from Project 5 by OUP
- Download a full Preliminary (B1) exam from the Cambridge English website. Work through it and check your answers in the key. Cambridge English: Preliminary Cambridge English Preliminary for Schools
- The BBC Learning English website has videos, audio and activities to help you improve your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary and listening
- Listen and Write is a great place on the web to practise listening skills and hear about the news. Try some of the dictation activities at different levels (try something at levels 7 or 8 to start off and move up from there). This site is free but you’ll have to create an account to get the most out of it (click on: “sign up”).
- Games to help you practise pronunciation at the Phonetics Focus website
- Lyrics Training – test your listening skills and build your vocabulary with songs
- Simple English Videos – short, easy to follow video lessons which focus on commonly confused words and grammar patterns. Really helpful!
Keep checking this page as we’ll keep adding more ideas during the summer.