Here are some links to short online activities (with answers) to practise verbs in the -ing and infinitive form. You don’t have to do all of them at once or even all of them. Work through them gradually until you think you’ve mastered* this aspect of grammar. Make a note of any questions you have about any of the exercises and bring them to class next week for us to look at.
*to master something = learn or understand something completely
- Add a missing word to each sentence (from Natural English Upper-Intermediate, OUP)
- Gerunds (or nouns) after prepositions – choose the correct word (More 4, CUP)
- Choose the correct answer (multiple-choice) (from New English File Upper-Intermediate, OUP)
- Correct the mistake (from English Result Upper-Intermediate, OUP)
- Choose the 6 verbs which can go with both the infinitive and -ing (FCE Result, OUP)
- Choose between gerund and infinitive (with and without to) WARNING – this is a rather violent game!